Yogurt whole Spices Marinate Dutch Oven
This recipe is a slightly different from the conventional Indian style Lamb and Potato Curry (Lamb Korma). The addition of coriander and mint paste further enhances the flavor and make the curry greenish rather than the conventional reddish color.
Green Lamb and Potato Curry :
1 kg lamb meat cut into medium sized cubes
1 cup thick natural yogurt
1 tbsp garlic paste
1/2 tbsp ginger paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt
6-8 medium sized potatoes
2-3 onions thinly sliced
10-12 black pepper corns
10-12 whole cloves
8-10 cardamon pods
1 star anise
2 inch stick of cinnamon
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup of green masala paste ( 5-6 green chillies, 1 bunch of fresh coriander, 1/2 bunch of fresh mint leaves, 1 tsp cumin seeds and 2 tsp coriander seeds all pureed until smooth)
oil for frying
1. Marinate the lamb meat with yogurt, ginger and garlic paste,salt and turmeric.
2. In a large pan deep fry the sliced onions until golden brown. Remove and drain on a kitchen towel. When cool enough crush with bare hands and mix it with marinated lamb.
3. Peel and halve the potatoes, deep fry in the same oil as the onions. Fry until golden brown and fully cooked, drain and keep aside.
4. In a dutch oven or any deep pan heat 4 tbsp oil used for frying onions and potatoes. Add all the whole spices and wait until fragrant. Now add the green masala paste. Fry for 2-3 minutes and add the lamb along with the marinade. Keep on stirring until mixed well. Cook on high for 6-8 minutes.
5. Add sufficient water to cover the meat, reduce the heat to medium and cook until the meat is tender.
6. When the meat is almost cooked add the fried potatoes, quartered tomatoes and adjust the salt. Cover and simmer for 10 more minutes.
7. Serve hot with rice or naan.
- Liz Pearson's Yogurt-Rubbed Roast Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce
- Is Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar Safe to Weight Loss
- 25 Things You Can Do With Yogurt | Prevention
June 13, 2016 / Virgie /
Categories: Health & Fitness